First two Thai youth soccer players rescued from cave

A cave complex is seen after 12 boys and their soccer coach went missing in Mae Sai Chiang Rai province in northern Thailand Wednesday

Former navy diver dies during Thailand cave rescue effort

They were joined by three more divers on Sunday afternoon and a team of rescue workers helping to run a rope system in more hard stretches of the cave, as well as five Thai navy Seals.

Narongsak said the first boy was expected to be brought out of the cave by around 9:00 pm (1400 GMT), meaning the trip would take around 11 hours.

The rescue operation involves guiding the boys through a partially flooded cave system that has already taken the life of one diver who attempted to reach the trapped soccer team.

The rescue operation has been put on hold as all the air tanks installed along the evacuation route have been used up and need replacing, according to Narongsak. Chiang Rai acting Governor Narongsak Osatanakorn says 13 ambulances and helicopters in two separate locations are ready to transport them to hospitals. "We have tried all possible ways to get the boys out, but sometimes we can't win over nature". It is only a small battle we've won, but the war has not ended.

THREE LEFT: Trump Narrows Supreme Court Pick, Announcement Coming MONDAY
Trump didn't drop it, and the next day made public remarks about a "military option" to remove President Nicolas Maduro. Bush , he was Bush's White House staff secretary and worked for Bush during the 2000 Florida vote recount.

"We have a fraction of a second to help them come out", the governor said.

The boys were discovered by British divers Richard Stanton and John Volanthen on July 2.

A former Navy SEAL and combat swimmer said that the risky and harrowing rescue of a soccer team trapped in a flooded Thailand cave was comparable to climbing the tallest mountain in the world. The boys, all members of a local soccer team called the Wild Boars, had been hiking in the caves when they became trapped by rain waters.

Army General Chalonhchai Chaiyakam said the efforts to rescue all 12 boys and their coach could last two to four days, depending on water levels and weather conditions. The two have been airlifted to Chiangrai Prachanukroh Hospital in Chiang Rai for medical treatment, 43 miles (70 kilometers) from the rescue site.

United States tariffs on $34B Chinese imports take effect
The figures come as stock market traders, farmers, and whiskey makers watch anxiously as the issue comes down to the wire. Trump's tariffs than impose reciprocal measures of their own, as long as there is any hope of negotiating a settlement.

The mission reportedly paused due to depleted oxygen levels in the cave.

The boys, aged between 11 and 16, went missing with their 25-year-old coach after soccer practice on 23 June, when they had set out to explore the cave complex near the border with Myanmar. Monsoon flooding cut off their escape and prevented rescuers from finding them for nearly 10 days, CBS News reported.

The team and coach were taught diving skills Saturday in advance of their trek out of the cave.

JioGigaFiber to JioPhone 2: Top 10 announcements from the Reliance AGM 2018
This is a record that no technology company has been able to achieve anywhere in the world, he added. Jio is determined to move India to be the leader in fixed line broadband in the country.

Latest News