Sylvester Stallone is now under investigation for a decades-old sexual assault accusation made against him previous year, the Los Angeles District Attorney's office announced on Wednesday. Police recently sent the case to a special entertainment task force in the Los Angeles County DA's office that investigates sex crime allegations in the entertainment industry, spokesperson Greg Risling told CNN.
A Santa Monica Police Department spokesman did not immediately return messages seeking additional details about the referral. The case was presented by Santa Monica Police, the office said.
In December, Stallone vehemently denied sexual assaulting anyone through his attorney Martin Singer.
Exhaust-ing ordeal: Woman gets head stuck in tailpipe
Who knows this girl? Strom said the owner of the auto , Tom Wold, was very cool about the incident. He's already fully fixed his exhaust pipe, and he said that she didn't even have to pay for it.
Stallone, who stopped by the White House last month after encouraging U.S. President Donald Trump to pardon the late heavyweight boxing champion Jack Johnson for his Mann Act violation, was previously accused of forcing a 16-year-old girl into a threesome with his bodyguard in Las Vegas in July 1986.
California has a complex statute of limitations for criminal prosecutions of sexual abuse but offences must generally be prosecuted within 10 years.
The allegation against the star comes in the wake of the #MeToo movement that has focused attention on sexual harassment in Hollywood and beyond. The DA's office did not specify the timing of the alleged incident or say how long the case would be under review.
Tyson Fury will fight on Carl Frampton undercard on August 18
Seferi showed some ambition in the third but Fury picked him off with his long arms and heavy blows in the fourth. The Albanian Seferi was immediately put off and was pulled out of the fight before the start of the fifth round.
The alleged incident at the center of the case took place in 1990s, Lt. Saul Rodriguez of the Santa Monica Police said.
"This is a ridiculous, categorically false story", a spokeswoman for Stallone said in a statement at the time.
Trump Says North Korea Will Destroy Missile Site. But Which One?
We're at the beginning of a diplomatic process that will require patience, experience, and close coordination with our allies. It does not, for instance, take steps toward ending the technical state of war between the United States and North Korea .