Golovkin Stripped Of IBF Middleweight Title

IBF world middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin has been stripped of his title after reports have emerged that he has failed to agree a mandatory challenger fight.

The reason - the refusal of a fight with mandatory Challenger, undefeated Ukrainian Sergey Derevyanchenko (12 wins, 10 of them by knockout), which according to regulations had to go to 3 August 2018. After Golovkin chose to fight Vanes Martirosyan on May 5, the IBF did not sanction the fight and so the title was not on the line in the fight.

Golovkin and his team prioritized the much-anticipated rematch with Saul Alvarez (49-1-2, 34 KOs), however, the negotiations reached a stalemate due to financial differences.

Porsche to name all-electric model Taycan
Porsche is doubling down on electric cars, saying it will pour over €6 billion (about $7.1 million) into electromobility by 2022. To boost that range quickly, the vehicle will have 800-volt charging technology.

Golovkin, 36, requested an additional exception during an IBF hearing in person on May 22 in New Jersey, in hopes of expressing just how important it was to him to keep his titles.

"It comes as a complete shock that the IBF would make a ruling far beyond what the Derevyanchenko side was asking for", Golovkin promoter Tom Loeffler told ESPN. He would have had until August 3 to prepare for the fight, but the Uzbek star never agreed.

"Gennady is disappointed in the ruling".

Less than half of people in Northern Ireland consider themselves British
Michel Barnier questioned whether the U.K.'s proposals to avoid a hard border in Northern Ireland would work because they are time limited .

"After a lengthy review and period of deliberation, the International Boxing Federation has vacated the IBF Middleweight title held by Gennady Golovkin", the IBF said in a statement on Wednesday. Alvarez and Golovkin were set for a May 5 rematch after they previously fought to a draw, but the rematch was canceled after Alvarez tested positive for a banned substance and was suspended six months.

Mexican Alvarez will return from suspension in September and talks over a rematch have taken place, though terms have proved hard to nail down.

Gennady Golovkin's promoter Tom Loeffler on Canelo v Jacobs: "All I can say is that those two guys are guys GGG already beat previous year". "That's the fight we want".

TIMELINE: A look at Kate Spade's life
A stroll down Canal Street in Manhattan would offer a giddy array of Kate Spade knockoffs at very cheap prices. Adam Best: "Let's make sure the tragic suicide of Kate Spade is not all for nothing and learn from this".

Latest News