Christopher Plummer on replacing Kevin Spacey: 'Situation is very sad'

In a race against time, Ridley Scott cuts out Kevin Spacey

Character Kevin spacey is completely cut from the new film by Ridley Scott

Now, he's attempting what could be his greatest trick yet.

With Spacey facing numerous allegations of sexual misconduct, the 87-year-old Oscar victor will step into the role of billionaire oil tycoon J. Paul Getty, re-shooting scenes with the plan to keep the film's current release date of December 22.

Scott, along with the film's executive producers, made a decision to cut Spacey out of the film entirely after the actor was accused of sexual harassment and misconduct by numerous people - some of whom claim to have had sexual encounters with the actor when they were underage.

"It isn't replacing. In a amusing way it's starting all over again because it's going to be different, naturally", the 87-year-old told Entertainment Tonight. And so I thought, that was it. Ages ago I was in contention for [the role], way back.

Читайте также: FBI Stats Show Rise in Hate Crimes Last Year

Plummer, 87, told Confidential on Sunday that he understands the fascination around the abrupt and highly unusual recasting but "I'm used to big roles and lots of words". Kevin is such a talented, terrifically gifted actor, it was just so sad, and it is such a shame. I admire Ridley Scott and I'm thrilled to be making a movie for him. "The situation is very sad. And that's all I can say because that's it". So I was familiar with it, and then Ridley came to me and I agreed. And then Ridley came to me, and I jumped at it, because I loved the script ... Michelle Williams and Mark Wahlberg also star in the film, which was recently pulled from AFI Fest due to the controversy surrounding Spacey. The script was wonderful.

Christopher Plummer had no hesitation at taking over Kevin Spacey's role in the upcoming J. Paul Getty biopic, "All the Money in the World". I can't remember how many scenes I have at the moment.

Spacey, who was dropped from the film on November 9, originally faced accusations from Star Trek: Discovery actor Anthony Rapp, who said he made a sexual advance on him when he was 14 years old.

Spacey's ouster comes amid an increasing number of sexual assault allegations against the actor which have knocked Spacey from a number of projects slated to feature the two-time Academy Award victor.

При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.

Код для вставки в блог

Latest News